PS2PRO Datasheet by Versalent
- Converts PC-Keyboard Codes to Simple ASCII
- 16 ASCII or F1-12 keys can be user-programmed for 0-6 char string (non-volatile storage)
- Non-ASCII Keys Send 8-bit Characters
- Keyboard LEDs Fully Operational
- ALT/CTRL Keys Easily Detected By Host
- RS-232 Connection To Host W/Selectable Baud/Parity. Baud rates from 2400 to 115k
- Works with wired or wireless PS/2 keyboards
- Operates on your 5VDC, or 6-12VDC,or w/optional wall adapter (PS2-PWR)
- Keyboard is 'Hot-Pluggable'
- Low cost
- Systems without PS/2 protocol support
- Embedded systems requiring low cost/full size keyboards
- Full size override of miniature or limited-key keypads
PS2PRO is a 2.6" X 1.7" X 0.8" module
which provides a complete interface to a standard IBM PC PS/2 keyboard handling the 2-wire
keyboard protocol, and converting all the default SCAN SET 2 keycodes to simple ASCII characters.
This allows non-PC systems using low-end microcontrollers, or
powerhouse microcomputers to use inexpensive PC keyboards without dealing with the
complexities of multiple keycodes in real-time. PS2PRO handles
all the real-time response requirements of the keyboard protocol and even transparently
manages the keyboard LEDs (CAPS LOCK, NUM LOCK, SCROLL LOCK) independent
of the host computer. The host receives just the ASCII characters as printed on the keyboard`s keys (or the custom programmed characters/string) with any modifiers such as the SHIFT keys already applied.
auto-detects the presence or absence of the keyboard on power up and
reports the condition to the host.
Full manual is available here.
A diagram of all 102 keys and their corresponding serial-character outputs is available here.
|PS2PRO-XXX is available with power source and RS-232 options to provide the flexibility to mate to a variety of systems without additional adapters.|
*All units whether DTE or DCE provide DB9 female connector
(Download and run the included .exe)
Simple Term (terminal emulator/displays even non-printable characters) download|
ProConfig (configuration program that allows you to define custom output strings) download
configuration notes here.
|Model Number||Defining Features|
|PS2PRO-014|| DB9=DCE, +5.0VDC Power supplied via DB9 Pin 4|
|PS2PRO-016|| DB9=DCE, +5.0VDC Power supplied via DB9 Pin 6|
|PS2PRO-024*|| DB9=DCE, 6VDC to 12VDC Power supplied via DB9 Pin 4, or optional 6V wall adapter|
|PS2PRO-026*|| DB9=DCE, 6VDC to 12VDC Power supplied via DB9 Pin 6, or optional 6V wall adapter|
|PS2PRO-034|| DB9=DTE, +5.0VDC Power supplied via DB9 Pin 4|
|PS2PRO-036|| DB9=DTE, +5.0VDC Power supplied via DB9 Pin 6|
|PS2PRO-044*|| DB9=DTE, 6VDC to 12VDC Power supplied via DB9 Pin 4, or optional 6V wall adapter|
|PS2PRO-046*|| DB9=DTE, 6VDC to 12VDC Power supplied via DB9 Pin 6, or optional 6V wall adapter|
|* These models cost slightly more due to additional internal regulator.|
Note: DCE Models plug directly into COM port with no pin-swaping